We all know the importance of wearing sunscreen to protect against harmful UV rays. However, we often fail to acknowledge an even more pervasive skin aggressor, which is the damage from blue light.
Yes, blue light—also called HEV (High Energy Visible) light. It is emitted from electronic devices like our computers, smartphones, tablets, and TVs which release a high-energy visible light. It penetrates the skin deeper than other lights in the same spectrum. Unlike the sunlight, the screens of your gadgets that are emitting the blue light are exceptionally close to your face. Thus, the high-frequency blue light is able to penetrate deeper into the skin than any UV-A or UV-B lights. The blue light is not associated with skin cancer like UV rays are. It can however cause the skin to age prematurely and increase the melanin production that led to skin discoloration.
Now, the pandemic era started almost two years has turned our lives upside down! With it, just about everything in our daily lives has turned digital. As we continue to stare into the screen of our laptops and electronic gadgets for most of our waking hours, we may be exposed to the effects of blue light. When it is continuously releasing days and nights, it may create free radicals, which are the little chemical particles that wreak cosmetic havoc in the skin by binding and weakening collagen and elastin.
After several research, dermatologists strongly suggested that the use of skincare products such as facial mist and serum with a strong dose of moisturizing, antioxidants, and vitamin C will help to minimize the damage from blue light as well as possible repair and vitalise of the skin.
Recommendation of Active Ingredients that Excellently Fights Against Blue-Light
Polypeptide is composed of several types of peptides, such as Oligopeptide-1, Oligopeptide-2, Oligopeptide-3 and Hexapeptide-11. It shows efficacy in terms of anti-wrinkle and anti-aging properties. Polypeptides are essentially fragmented portions of proteins that are able to stimulate collagen growth. It helps to rebuild the collagen and preserve the skin’s youthful appearance with the potential to soften fine lines caused by muscle movement.
Symphytum, also known as comfrey, is not only a medicinal herb but also a nutritionally rich herb. It contains vitamins, minerals, and countless phytochemicals, which are very powerful antioxidants. The roots and leaves of comfrey contain allantoin and tannin that promotes new cell generation. It also contains rosamarinic acid which helps in the reduction of phytochemicals. It helps the epidermal stem cells in the pro-aging environment to maintain their ability to build new tissues during the aging process. Thus, Symphytum stem cell extract rejuvenates the epidermis from the innermost layer and ensures that the skin appears both smooth and even.
Also known as Roselle, it is known for its healing properties. Simply put, it is known for its ability to keep your skin healthy and beautiful, while also repairing any damages that might have occurred. Hibiscus sabdariffa has shown to be highly beneficial in hydration, as well as skin revitalize. Meanwhile, it also rich in vitamin C which helps to boost the skin’s natural collagen production. Apart from enhancing the natural production of collagen, this plant also slows down its degradation, which helps keep your skin firm, strong and smooth.
Cranberries have been valued for the medicinal, antioxidant properties and anti-aging benefits. It enhances cell power, defends your skin against environmental damage due its contents of high concentration of antioxidants such as vitamins C, B, and B-5. Vitamin C helps in boosting collagen production that is known to improve the elasticity of the skin. Collagen production helps to carry the oxygen and nutrients to the skin that makes them soft, glowing and firm. Plus, it keeps your skin moisturized.
Cranberries are natural toner for your skin; it helps remove excess oils and cells that are damaged or dead. Your skin will shine, toned and lighter. All the antioxidants in cranberries help fight free radicals and protect the skin. It also helps reduce dark patches and redness. The anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties contained in cranberry help to treat acne as well as blemishes.
Resveratrol is a natural antioxidant compound found in high amount in the skins of grapes and in red wine. It is a particularly potent antioxidant that neutralizes free radical damage and allows the collagen to keep pumping at the same time with a significant skin-calming properties that may help to minimize redness, protect skin’s surface, interrupts and helps rebuff negative environmental influences, and brightens the overall complexion.
Kakadu Plum brightens the complexion, reduces hyper pigmentation, and protects from harsh environmental aggressors, such as pollution. It is well known for their incredibly high vitamin C content, 50% higher than oranges in making your skin glow. Kakadu plum is also rich in Vitamins E, folic acid and carotenoids, which reverses the effects of free radicals and reduce the symptoms of aging. It stimulates the production of collagen and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Rich in antioxidants, this super fruit detoxifies the skin and fights off free radical damage caused by environmental factors such as pollution or sun exposure.
8 Types of Hyaluronate Acid
Hyaluronic acid is widely used in various beauty products because of its high-water retention and lubrication. Octa-Hyaluronate Acid Molecular contains 8 different types of hyaluronic acid (HA) molecules that providing the skin with an 8x infinite hydrating circulation effect up to 72 hours while replenishing the skin with lost moisturizing molecules to tackle dehydrated skin by providing deeper penetration and absorption power.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – Sodium Hyaluronate is an acid that naturally occurs in the skin. The Sodium Hyaluronate molecule holds 1,000 times its weight in water, making it the ultimate moisturizing skincare ingredient. Adding to that, it also promotes better blood circulation, nutrient absorption, and wound healing. It is a glycosaminoglycan, a fancy name for a vital naturally-occurring substance that is part of skin’s youth-supporting matrix.
Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid
- Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid – It improves the moisturizing level inside of the skin, keeping skin hydrated at all times and maintaining moisture directly to the skin.
- Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate – It is a cationic hyaluronic acid which keeps the water longer in the skin by forming a moisture film.
Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate
- Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate – Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate (AcHA) is a specialty Hyaluronic Acid derivative which is synthesized from the Natural Moisturizing Factor Sodium Hyaluronate through acetylation reaction. The modified molecule is claimed to have greater moisture retention ability than normal HA and better affinity to the skin surface. AcHA has a fresh and non-sticky feeling, providing superb moisturizing, repair skin barrier, improve skin elasticity, and leaving skin smooth.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Hyaluronic Acid has an amazing ability to deliver lasting moisture to the skin. It is also a humectant, which means it helps grab the moisture and holds so the skin can absorb it. Hyaluronic acid also keeps collagen synthesis up, as well as retaining skin moisture, which contributes to anti-aging benefits to the skin.
Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate
- Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate – It can penetrate deep down to the skin for a better skin’s hydration due to its small-sized molecules through hydrolysis of Sodium Hyaluronate.
Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer
- Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer – It is able to store water in the skin to form long-lasting hydration and prevent wrinkles by forming a moisturizing curtain.
- Potassium Hyaluronate – Potassium Hyaluronate is a potassium salt of Hyaluronic Acid, it can penetrate deep inside of skin due to its small-sized molecules through hydrolysis of Sodium Hyaluronate and draws it up to skin surface, supplying moisture constantly to the epidermis.
TCT Nutraceuticals Sdn Bhd is an OEM Skincare manufacturer in Malaysia. An OEM/ODM Factory with an extensive R&D team to formulate your products. We are both Halal and GMP Certified together with ISO 9001.