There’s a new trend of skincare technique, known as Intraceutical Treatment or oxygen facial, loved mostly by celebrities.
Oxygen in aerosol can benefit your in way of:
- energize & restore active cell.
- improve skin permeability and absorption.
- reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- improve blood circulation.
- promote collagen production for younger looking skin.
What is aerosol oxygen?
An aerosol oxygen facial is a procedure that can be done by anyone. You may considered it a “non-medical” procedure since it is not injected into your body and there is no presence of chemicals.
How it works
Your body needs oxygen to thrive, which is why we breathe. The theory behind oxygen facials — which isn’t scientifically backed — is that skin cells that are fully oxygenated via oxygen facial will look bright and healthy.
It’s easy for anyone to use it, with just a simple press the application on your face or body is done. After cleansing and exfoliating your face, press the aerosol to deliver a stream of high pressurized oxygen onto your skin’s surface. Next, you may apply facial tonic which may contain Hyaluronic Acid which is known to plump the skin.
Unlike more invasive treatments, there’s no downtime or healing after an oxygen facial. You may even apply makeup directly after if you’re heading out of your home.
What are the benefits of an oxygen facial?
Research on the efficacy of oxygen facials is mixed.
Anecdotally, many people report that their skin looks healthier and brighter after the procedure, with many before-and-after pictures to support this. However, there’s little scientific research behind these claims.
Purported benefits of oxygen facials
- Added radiance. The main benefit of oxygen facials is that they allow the pores to easily absorb hyaluronic acid and other powerhouse ingredients from serums. Depending on what serums you use, benefits may vary.
- Hydrated skin. Oxygen helps infuse the serums into the skin. You can think of the oxygen wand like a little hose that delivers ingredients. Your skin will likely look and feel hydrated, especially if hyaluronic acid is a component.
- More even skin tone. Oxygen facials may deliver a large quantity of vitamins or botanical ingredients to your skin, which can result in bright, glowing skin.
- Reduction in fine lines. Oxygen facials is believed to help improve blood circulation, hence it may help your skin to look bright and plump.
- Calming acne. Oxygen known to accelerate wound healing on your skin. It may also kill certain bacteria. This is why places with low levels of oxygen, such as airplanes, can cause skin issues. For these reasons, oxygen facials may help calm acne.
How often do you need to get an aerosol oxygen facial?
Aerosol oxygen facials are a good way to maintain skin that’s already healthy and youthful. Some dermatologists recommend the procedure as maintenance for people as early as in their 20s. Of course, you can get an aerosol oxygen facial any time, and apply it as a daily skincare routine.
Anecdotally speaking, oxygen facials helps you to reduce fine lines, even out texture, add radiance, and help maintain bright, youthful looking skin.
There is no conclusive research on the subject, and some dermatologists adamantly disagree that there could be any benefits to oxygen facials. They believe the procedure may actually cause unnecessary inflammation, redness, or general puffiness.
There are many products that claim to contain oxygen. While these products are well-marketed, there’s little research to support the longevity of these products.
Although some people think these products yield great results, their main benefit could be hydration, which comes from moisturizing serums, regardless of whether it contains oxygen.
TCT Nutraceuticals Sdn Bhd is an OEM Skin care manufacturer in Malaysia. An OEM/ODM Factory with an extensive R&D team to formulate your products. We are both Halal and GMP Certified together with ISO 9001.
Inspire to be a brand owner? Or you’re a brand owner looking to expand your product range? Do whatsapp us at +60126886256 or email us at email@example.com.